Mintty is a terminal emulator for:
- and MSYS.
- In Cygwin, it is installed as the default terminal by Cygwin's setup.exe.
- In MSYS, the mintty package can be installed with the command mingw-get install mintty.
Alternatively, binaries for Cygwin 1.7, 1.5 and MSYS can be found on the downloads page.
- Xterm-compatible terminal emulation.
- Native Windows user interface with a simple options dialog.
- Easy copy & paste.
- Drag & drop of text, files and folders.
- Ability to open files and URLs with Ctrl+click.
- Comprehensive character encoding support, including UTF-8.
- Wide character display and Windows IME support.
- Window transparency, including glass effect on Vista and 7.
- 256 colours.
- Fullscreen mode.
- Options stored in a text file. No registry entries.
- Small program size and quick scrolling.