The app creates a central identity to authenticate and access Azure Resource.
It holds information like:
- OAuth Client ID,
- Reply URLs,
- and credentials
Azure Active Directory > User settings > App registrations setting.
If set to:
- Yes, non-admin users can register AD apps. This setting means any user in the Azure AD tenant can register an app.
- No, only global administrators can register apps.
- Azure Active Directory > App registration > + new Registrations
- Fill the name, the native type + an URL (http://localhost)
- application ID (ie client id). Azure Active Directory > App Registration > Application Id
- and authentication key - Azure Active Directory > App Registration (Preview) > Certificates and Secrets
- tenant_id, see Azure - Tenant
- subscription id, see Azure - Subscription
To access resources in your subscription, you must assign the application to a role.
Go to your resource group and add permission (IAM)