Dimensional Data Operations (OLAP Operation)
This sections is about all cube operations.
The analyst can navigate through the database and screen for a particular subset of the data, changing the data's orientations and defining analytical calculations.
- Drill Down/Up - add or remove an attribute - drill down/up is sometimes called slice and dice.
- Drill accross - add a metrics from another cube
- Drill through - Drill through is a term used to describe the act of exploring or browsing items like folders, files or related components.
- Roll-up - A Roll-up involves computing all of the data relationships for one or more dimensions.
- Pivot - Change the dimensional orientation of a report or page display