Raster Image - Feature (Image Properties)
A feature is property of an image.
For the whole image
For a set of pixel.
Local features provide a limited set of well localized and individually identifiable anchor points. Their location must be determined accurately and in a stable manner over time. They can be used as a robust image representation, that allows to recognize objects or scenes without the need for segmentation. Features need to be described, such that they can be identified and matched.
- Local features are covariant.
- points (interest point)
- edge segment
- small image patches
- edges detected in aerial images often correspond to roads;
- blob detection can be used to identify impurities in some inspection task;
- matching or tracking applications,
- camera calibration or 3D reconstruction.
- image alignment or mosaicing
- object recognition
- scene classification,
- texture analysis,
- To localize features in images, a local neighborhood of pixels needs to be analyzed
- spatial extent: the local neighborhood of pixels