EBS - Naming Conventions
- All objects accessed by EBS application have synonym in APPS schema, e.g.OKE.OKE_K_LINES has synonym APPS.OKE_K_LINES
- EBS Forms fetch data from a “user friendly” view with name ending is _V or _VL (e.g. OKE_K_Deliverables_VL).
- Views have descriptive value as opposed to the numeric id’s fields stored in the base table making it “human-readable” for reports.
- Views also implement security and restrictions to the data in various forms such as restrict values by language, org_id etc
- These variables are set by EBS (session context) when the user accesses data via the EBS application.