This article is a step by step guide on how to install and configure Eclipse to develop in TCL.
- Install the JDK (minimal 1.5)
- unzip the eclipse file in the Program Files directory
- in the same directory, modify the eclipse.ini by adding this line to give the Jvm path :
-vm "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_21\bin\java.exe"
- start eclipse by launching the file eclipse.exe
- in the Workspace, in the Help menu, choose “Install New Features …”
- select the Galileo Update Site, wait a little bit and when the features appears, select the TCL part of DLTK as below :
- Click next, EMF is then automatically selected :
- Next and finish to install TCL
- When asked, restart Eclipse
- Download and install the interpreter from the tcl website
- Create a new project and select TCL as type
- Click configure and give the path to the executable file named tclsh, wish, or expect.