How to connect to Cassandra Cloud AstraDb with JDBC ?
This article shows you how you can connect to an AstraDb database with Jdbc. 1)
Download the Cassandra Astra Driver
Optional for Idea - Create a new driver
Create a new driver with the following properties:
- Driver File: CassandraJDBC42.jar
- Driver Class: com.simba.cassandra.jdbc42.Driver
From the Astra DB console:
- Download the Secure Connect Bundle that contains:
- the database hostname and port
Create a new connection with the following JDBC URL
jdbc:cassandra://keyspace;DefaultKeyspace=keyspace;AuthMech=2;UID=token;PWD=<ApplicationToken>;SecureConnectionBundlePath=<PATH TO YOUR SECURE CONNECT BUNDLE>;TunableConsistency=6
- keyspace is the keyspace you want to connect to (Optional)
- DefaultKeyspace is the default keyspace (Optional)
- AuthMech: Specifies whether the driver connects to a Cassandra or Astra DB database and whether the driver authenticates the connection.
- ApplicationToken: The generated from Astra DB console.
- SecureConnectionBundlePath: Path to where your downloaded Secure Connect Bundle is located.
- TunableConsistency: Specifies Cassandra replica or the number of Cassandra replicas that must process a query for the query to be considered successful.
Example on Idea:
For legacy driver, client id and client secret correspond to username and password. They are created when you generate your application token.