The BAR file is an archive file that contains the following artifacts:
- data model, (ie xml-based representation of a .RPD file.)
- content model (ie Presentation Services catalog metadata for a service instance)
- and authorization model. (The Security policy metadata containing application role and application role memberships plus permission and permission set grants for a service instance)
- A manifest file declaring the dependencies for the BAR file.
It's used to backup / deploy a service instance. Ie an export of the service instance creates a Bar file.
- Empty BAR - oracle.bi.application.empty.bar. Location: ORACLE_HOME/bi/bifoundation/admin/provisioning/oracle.bi.application.empty.bar. The Empty BAR file contains only enough permissions for the administrator user to login and administer the system.
- SampleAppLite BAR - SampleAppLite.bar - The SampleAppLite BAR file contains a file based data source with 2 subject areas, a collection of reports, and application roles for read, write, and administration tasks. Location: ORACLE_HOME/bi/bifoundation/samples/sampleapplite/SampleAppLite.bar
- Starter BAR. You use the starter BAR when you want to build metadata from the beginning, but need a typical security policy to be in place. The starter BAR is essentially empty except for containing the same security policy as the Sample application BAR.
- the webcat user catalog is not exported. See includeCatalogRuntimeInfo info.
- the credentials are not exported. See includeCredentials
domainHome='F:\\Oracle\\Middleware\\Fmw\\user_projects\\domains\\bi' siKey='ssi' workDir='C:\\tmp\\bar' exportDir='C:\\tmp\\bar' exportServiceInstance(domainHome,siKey, workDir, exportDir)
The log can be found at FMW_HOME\user_projects\domains\bi\bilogs\service_instances and on the screen.
Jul 19, 2018 11:32:20 AM oracle.bi.bar.si.ServiceInstanceLifeCycleImpl exportServiceInstance INFO: Successully created MANIFEST.MF at location C:\tmp\bar\exportSICustomization\ssi\metadata\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF Jul 19, 2018 11:32:26 AM oracle.bi.bar.si.ServiceInstanceLifeCycleImpl exportServiceInstance INFO: Exported ServiceInstance to C:\tmp\bar\20180719_112819 Jul 19, 2018 11:32:26 AM oracle.bi.bar.si.ServiceInstanceLifeCycleImpl exportServiceInstance INFO: Now deleting the temp workdir ExportSICustomization folder: C:\tmp\bar\exportSICustomization Finished Export Service Instance Customization and Configuration
USAGE : <service instance key> <location of bar file to import> [nodatamodel] [nocontent] [noauthorization] [nodatasets] [nosearch] [noaction] [encryptionpassword=<encryption password for connections>] Description : Import bar as a service instance Mandatory Arguments : service instance key and location of bar file Optional Arguments : exclude list of values:nodatamodel nocontent noauthorization nodatasets nosearch nodatamodel : Do not import RPD metadata content nocontent : Do not import WEBCAT metadata content noauthorization : Do not import JAZN metadata content nodatasets : Do not import DSS metadata content nosearch : Do not import Search metadata content noaction : Do not import Action metadata content encryptionpassword : Encryption password for connections if any