Cube - Multi-dimensional query (OLAP query)
An multi-dimensional query is a query that runs against a multi-dimensional structure (ie cube).
It is also known as:
- an OLAP query.
- a business query
multi-dimensional query are analytics query and therefore are also:
- ad-hoc query (used for explanatory analytics)
The queries exhibit the following characteristics:
- They have a high degree of complexity;
- They use a variety of access
- They are of an ad hoc nature
- They examine a large percentage of the available data;
- They contain query parameters that change across query executions.