A detached entity results from:
- transaction commit if a transaction-scoped container-managed entity manager is used
- from transaction rollback
- from detaching the entity from the persistence context;
- from clearing the persistence context;
- or from serializing an entity or otherwise passing an entity by value—e.g., to a separate application tier, through a remote interface, etc.
The inverse of detached is managed ??
The state of detached entity instances is no longer guaranteed to be synchronized with the database state.