Data profiling capabilities
Create the data profile request
- Create an SSIS (Integration Service) project that includes a package.
- Add an ADO.NET connection manager for each data source that you want to profile.
- Add the Data Profiling task to the control flow of the package.
- Configure the Data Profiling task to specify:
- The file or variable to which the resulting profile statistic should be written.
- The individual profile requests that should be included in the report.
- Run the package in debugging mode.
- View the resulting profile statistics in the Data Profile Viewer. (When the Data Profiling task has completed, with the package still running, double-click the Data Profiling task, and then click Open Profile Viewer.)