A package defines a workflow of tasks to be executed
- An unit of task flow execution
- An unit of deployment (package deployment model)
You can execute each package independently, and you can also use the Execute Package task to run one package from another.
File Extension: dtsx
You can also create a package template.
- Create a package that includes the elements you want to reuse.
- Save the package to the DataTransformationItems folder (By default, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0 \Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\ProjectItems\DataTransformationProject)
- Reuse the package by adding a new item to the project and select the package in the Add New Item dialog box.
- Change the Name and ID properties of the new package to avoid naming conflicts.
A dynamic package is a just a normal package where:
- and expressions are used.
because their values can be set dynamically at run time.