A popover is a overlay graphic element
- that shows up (pops) over the actual graphic elements
- when the user makes an active action on an interactive/control element such as:
- or clicking a button
- that allows interaction with its content
It's associated to the interactive element and appears then near it.
An arrow generally points to the interactive/control element.
A tooltip is a sort of popover but it does not:
- requiert an active interaction (based on the mouse position)
- allow interaction with its content (the tooltip goes away when the mouse goes away)