Data analysis is the process of:
- finding the right data to answer a business question,
- understanding the processes underlying the data,
- discovering the important patterns in the data,
- and then communicating your results to have the biggest possible impact.
Analytical jobs extract information and insight from raw data.
Merge with … ???
from the least to most complex, in terms of knowledge, costs, and time:
- Exploratory: first look of the data
- Descriptive. quantitatively describing the main features of a collection of data. Univariate and Bivariate are two types of statistical descriptive analyses.
- Inferential. Use a relatively small sample of data to say something about a bigger population.
- Predictive. Make predictions about future events based on current and historical facts.
- Causal. Find out what happens to one variable when you change another.
- Mechanistic. Understand the exact changes in variables that lead to changes in other variables.