A data processing function takes an input and creates an output in a pipeline.
It may involve various function such as, including:
- Sorting – “arranging items in some sequence and/or in different sets.”
- Summarization – reducing detail data to its main points.
- Aggregation – combining multiple pieces of data.
- Analysis – the “collection, organization, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data.”.
- Classification – separates data into various categories.
- Filtering - transform or delete data
- selection - select the data field