A page about a resume
A good resume follows the same structure than a page to catch the attention:
- Job titles: Recruiters spent more time focusing on job titles than on any other element.
- An overview or mission statement at the top of the first page of the resume.
- Short declarative statements (easier to process) - accomplishments
- Clear / simple fonts
- two-page rule
- keyword relevancy remains important
- no use of white space
- little use of section/job headers to catch the eye (did not draw the eye down)
In the six seconds they spend on a resume, recruiters focus on name, current and past position titles and dates, and education.
recruiters scanned the left side of the resume evenly, picking out titles and reading supplementary information as necessary
Documentation / Reference
- Source : TheLadders-EyeTracking-StudyB