Flexibility exercises, or stretches:
- may expand your range of motion,
- keep muscles more limber,
- improve posture and balance,
- and help prevent falls.
Warm muscles are less likely to be injured than cold muscles, so it’s best to perform stretches as part of your cool-down following a workout. Or, you can stretch after a five-to10-minute warm-up.
Yoga or tai-chi help with balance as well as flexibility.
Three key stretches for the working triathlete. Perform these stretches regularly and watch flexibility take the place of tightness.
- Stretch 1: Hip Flexor and Quad Stretch
- Stretch 2: Hamstring Stretch
- Stretch 3: Calf Stretch