A viewGroup is:
- a composite (%%view|widget) GUI (ie a container for simple GUI)
- other Views
- or other ViewGroups
- and define their layout properties.
A viewGroup definition are subclasses of the ViewGroup interface.
Type of layout
- Android - LinearLayout (Vertical|Horizontal). Row or column layout.
- Android - FrameLayout. FrameLayout is great for simple layouts when you only have one child to view, like a list View that fills the entire content area
- CoordinatorLayout is a super-powered FrameLayout. CoordinatorLayout is intended for two primary use cases:
- As a top-level application decor or chrome layout
- As a container for a specific interaction with one or more child views
- A ConstraintLayout is a ViewGroup which allows you to position and size widgets in a flexible way.