continuous SQL query on an infinite data stream
A streaming sql can not be ANSI SQL compliant because the streaming functions are not part of those database standards.
A streaming query is a query that executes continuously over streaming data.
In real-time, streaming queries:
- operates continuously on data
- updates results incrementally
- outputs a result if the condition is met
- real-time alerts
- sensor data analytics (weather, temperatur..).
- originated in Oracle Continuous Query Language (Oracle CQL), based on SQL and used on streaming data.
- See also esper match-recognize
- http://sqlstream.com/ - SQL on Kafka already