Fitnesse has two test backend engine:
FitNesse displays the results page accordingly to the return values and figures out whether to turn table cells :
- red with the expected and actual values - bad test
- green - good test
- or yellow with stack trace - if an exception was thrown, or if a fixture, a field, or method could not be found
- In the green cells, we got back the expected values from our code.
- A cell turns red when we get back a different value than what we expected. We also see two values: the expected value and the actual value.
- A yellow cell, if an exception was thrown