Animations in web browsers come in two forms:
- native (declarative ones), such as the <animate> element in SVG
- script implemented
A sequence of frames is called a tween. See Data Viz - Inbetween - Tweening, Interpolation (Animation)
- on twos: 12 drawings per second. The film Fantasmagorie (1908) gives a good example and was considered the first fully animated movie.
- When the number of inbetweens is too few, such as 4 frames per second, it will begin to lose the illusion of movement altogether.
- Slow movements may be animated on threes or fours.
- Visible: Yes / No
Twelve basic principles
All software that can draw can animate but some framework are more animation focus than other.
- https://animate.style/ - css declarative based