Python is a high level language based on C.
- named after Monty Python's Flying Circus.
Python evaluates (finds the value of) the expression it is given and prints the value which is handy for interactive programming.
Why learning Python ?
Python is used:
- a lot of data mining and machine learning library
- Data Science (Lexical Analysis, Nltk, …)
- VM Virtual Box Api
The Zen of Python
Part of Python's documentation are the PEPs, or “Python Enhancement Proposals.” PEP 20, “The Zen of Python,”
- Beautiful is better than ugly.
- Explicit is better than implicit.
- Simple is better than complex.
- Complex is better than complicated.
- Readability counts.
- Special cases aren't special enough to break the rules.
- Although practicality beats purity.
- Errors should never pass silently.
- Unless explicitly silenced.
- In the face of ambiguity, refuse the temptation to guess.
- There should be one– and preferably only one –obvious way to do it.
- Although that way may not be obvious at first unless you're Dutch.
- Now is better than never.
- Although never is often better than *right* now.
- If the implementation is hard to explain, it's a bad idea.
- If the implementation is easy to explain, it may be a good idea.
- Namespaces are one honking great idea – let's do more of those!
Python, (Jython can be developed thanks to:
The >>> means you are in Python