Data modeling is a sort of wiki/ontology.
Ontology is the philosophical study of the nature of being, existence or reality in general which deals with questions concerning what entities exist or can be said to exist, and how such entities can be:
- and subdivided according to similarities and differences.
- Vocabulary of classified terms
- Formally specified meaning (semantics) of terms
- Relationships can be specified between terms
- Ability to reason based on semantics & relationships
- Real world entities