- They walked quickly to the store. (quickly modifies the verb walked)
- The child played happily at the beach. (happily modifies the verb played)
- The child sat nervously outside the principal’s office. (nervously modifies the verb sat)
- A largely green parrot flew up into the tree. (largely modifies the adjective green)
- The snow fell very heavily. (very modifies the adverb heavily)
| While most all adverbs end |
with the suffix –ly,
some adverbs do not.
Below are some common adverbs
that do not end in –ly.
| And some adjectives end in –ly.
Here are some common –ly
- The child giggled uneasily as he and his brother crept up on their sister.