A set of users who share one or more similar attributes.
It divide your contacts into meaningful groups, so you can carry out more effective marketing.
For example, you could create a segment with all contacts from San Francisco.
- Actief segment
- got an action in the last six months
- Inactief segment
- called sleepers
- no action in the last six months and a year and a half
- you may wake up them with a email offer
- without action longer than a year and a half
- in average 40% of all users,
- last email to ask if they still want to be on the newsletters if no reaction unsubscribe
Another example of e-commerce segments by age:
- Potential Customers: Contacts who haven't made a purchase from your store.
- Recent Customers: Contacts who have purchased in the past 30 days.
- First-time Customers: Contacts who have recently made their first purchase.
- Repeat Customers: Contacts who have placed at least two orders from your store.
- Lapsed Customers: Customers who haven't purchased in the past eight months.
- contacts that meet a segment's criteria will automatically enter it;
- contacts that no longer meet a segment's criteria will automatically leave it.