Informations collected by applications are called event and are the basis for application analytics
An event defines an interaction collected for a particular user.
They may have another name such as hit for Google Analytics
An event is build from a tracker (called also tag (beacon, pixel)
This kind of event is mainly data generated by human activity but can also come directly from the application such as a page speed for instance.
- social -
- media play etc…
The type of event map directly to a table in the data model.
|Tracking||Google Analytics||Snowplow Event Type|
|Page Views||pageview / screenview||Pageview|
|Item View||item||Item view|
|Custom Interaction||event||Custom structured/unstructured event|
|Social interaction (A like button was clicked for instance)||social||Social|
|User/App timing||timing||Page pings|
- idsite: the site identifier (ie property)
- url: current URL
- urlref: HTTP referrer (traffic source); can be blank
- action: action name (defaults to pageview)
- data: contains information on the UUID from cookie state
- title: page title
- screen: screen resolution information
- date: client-side datetime in the browser
- browser User-Agent,
- client IP address