It defines the degree of purity of a hue.
- is a (comparative|relative) property
- is linear and progressive (like lightness)
- the coordinate number for each RGB colors used in the RBG colorspace
- a axis in the hsv (hue saturation lightness) color space
- The beginning of a saturation scale is a colour that is hue-intense
- The end step is a colour so muted that its hue can't just be identified.
The purity of hue, the contrast between:
The saturation scale is hue based while the grayscale is without hue