hash [-lr] [-p filename] [-dt] [name]
For each name, the full file name of the command is determined by searching the directories in PATH and remembered.
- -p: no path search is performed, and filename is used as the full file name of the command.
- -r: forget all remembered locations.
- -d: forget the remembered location of each name.
- -t: the full pathname to which each name corresponds is printed. If multiple name arguments are supplied with -t, the name is printed before the hashed full pathname.
- -l: output is displayed in a format that may be reused as input.
If no arguments are given, or if only -l is supplied, information about remembered commands is printed.
The return status is true unless:
- a name is not found
- or an invalid option is supplied.