Perf is the performance counters subsystem in Linux.
yum -y install perf
perf [--version] [--help] COMMAND [ARGS]
- command can be:
- annotate Read perf.data (created by perf record) and display annotated code
- list List all symbolic event types
- record Run a command and record its profile into perf.data
- report Read perf.data (created by perf record) and display the profile
- sched Tool to trace/measure scheduler properties (latencies)
- stat Run a command and gather performance counter statistics
- timechart Tool to visualize total system behavior during a workload
- top System profiling tool.
- trace Read perf.data (created by perf record) and display trace output
See 'perf help COMMAND' for more information on a specific command.
Documentation / Reference
- PERF plug-in for Eclipse. It allows the developer to execute profiles in their applications using quick launch actions and visualizing the results in an user-friendly interface.