This page is about the reserved word/characters of XML based language.
What to do with a reserved character ?
If a reserved character is in :
- the node value:
- in Xml: you need to wrap it in a cdata section
- in HTML, you need to:
- encode it in a entity
- or put in a cdata section aware element such as script or style
This list is non-exhaustive.
- The opening < and closing character > of a XML tag
- The end of line is unknown in HTML, you should use:
- a block element such as the paragraph element
- or a HTML entity in a attribute value