Repository Browser is a J2EE web software interface that permit you to:
- browse the data dictionary (Public View)
- execute some basic administrative tasks
to grant it
To be able to connect to the Web repository Browser, you must have the ACCESS_PUBLICVIEW_BROWSER privileges.
Don't forget to save the repository. A click on the OK button is not enough.
to start/stop it
You must first:
- start the listener
The first time you invoke this listener, select and re-confirm a password for an oc4jadmin account. The next time, it would not be necessary.
|owb_home\owb\bin\win32\startOwbbInst.bat||start the OWB browser listener|
|owb_home\owb\bin\win32\stopOwbbInst.bat||stop the OWB browser listener (password was given during the process start)|
|owb_home\owb\bin\win32\openDB.bat||start the Web Repository Browser|
You can launch them from the start menu.
from an URL
You can call it of through the short-cut menu or directly on this URL:
- for the design data dictionary: https://127.0.0.1:8999/owbb/RABLogin.uix?mode=design
- for the runtime data dictionary: https://127.0.0.1:8999/owbb/RABLogin.uix?mode=runtime
From the OWB Menu
From a Mapping
You can call it from the contextual menu. Example with a table.
It seems that the port is located in the file owb-home/j2ee/config/http-web-site.xml. See attribute: port
Not a valid Warehouse Builder Control Center
When you try to connect, you can have this message: Not a valid Warehouse Builder Control Center. This is a standard message. To resolve it:
- verify that you grant the user to access it and that you saved the repository
- when you use the net service name method, that you have selected the good method.