An interval (measurement|variable) gives:
- and order (rank) between this distances
The following properties applied to interval measurement:
- The interval between each unit are equals (temperature between 21 and 22 degree is the same than between 22 and 23 degree)
- There is no absolute (true zero) when interval are scaled.
- longitude and latitude
- temperature (either Celsius or Fahrenheit degrees). A change of 1C is the same if the temperature goes from 0 C to 1 C, as it is when the temperature goes from 40C to 41C.
Documentation / Reference
- Unified Modeling Language (UML) - 2.5.1 - Chapter 8.5