From the version 220.127.116.11, see OBIEE 11G (18.104.22.168) - How to configure a new Skin
How to implement this own style and skin.
The directories have the following syntax:
- sk_SkinName to design the skin directory
- s_SkinName to design the style directory
and are located in the same subdirectory.
Style and skin names cannot include underscores.
The default style and skin names are:
- oracle10 for 10g
- and blafp for 11g.
To implement your own skin and style, you have to copy this directories in several places, change the skin name in the configuration file and restart the services. The detailed steps are described below.
In the dashboard page
You can find the current and default style in the dashboard page configuration:
In the code source
You can check the directory skin location with a right click on a OBIEE dashboard page, select show source code and search “custom.css”.
In my dashboard, you can see below that the custom.css is located here :
- OBIEE Analytics WebSite Root/analyticsRes/s_gerardnico/b_mozilla_4/custom.css
The style directory is s_gerardnico and then the style name is gerardnico.
BI Presentation Server Configuration
The default BI Presentation Server skin and style directory is located in this directory:
- 10g: OracleBI_home\web\app\res
- (Fusion Middelware|Weblogic|OPMN) - Directory Structure and Home\bifoundation\OracleBIPresentationServicesComponent\coreapplication_obipsn\res
- Copy the default skin and style directories in a custom directory and rename them with this syntax:
- Replace Name with your own value. Style and skin names cannot include underscores.
The images are loaded during the initialization of the OBI Presentation service. You must then restart it.
- The default “Resource Virtual Path” is res when attempting to locate an image but you can create an other map such as analyticsRes (10g). The configuration file permits to set it up.
- Copy the style and skin directory created in the previous step in the application server “Resource Virtual Path”
The default value is:
With a Resource Virtual Path such as analyticsRes, you get:
The original style and skin are deployed in this location:
To expose your custom style and skin in Weblogic, you have to deploy them as a static web application.
With a default installation configuration, the installer deploys this static application on the following directory:
- (Fusion Middelware|Weblogic|OPMN) - Directory Structure and Home/bifoundation/OracleBIPresentationServicesComponent/coreapplication_obips1/analyticsRes directory
- You can copy your files in this directory (or you can make a new deployment)
- When you finished, your deployment you can access your file through the following URL context: analyticsRes
<ServerInstance> ......... <DefaultStyle>gerardnico</DefaultStyle> <DefaultSkin>gerardnico</DefaultSkin> <URL> <CustomerResourceVirtualPath>analyticsRes</CustomerResourceVirtualPath> </URL> ......... </ServerInstance>
- the default skin
- the default style
- and the virtual path. If you don't specify the virtual path, you will then be unable to see the dashboard because the default virtual path as the value “/analyticsRes” and the slash is recognized by OC4J. See the support section.
<ServerInstance> ......... <UI> <DefaultStyle>gerardnico</DefaultStyle> <DefaultSkin>gerardnico</DefaultSkin> </UI> <URL> <CustomerResourcePhysicalPath>/myPhysicalPath/To/MySkin</CustomerResourcePhysicalPath> <CustomerResourceVirtualPath>/analyticsRes</CustomerResourceVirtualPath> </URL> ......... </ServerInstance>
- Restart Oracle BI Presentation Services
- Clear your browser cache
- Login to Bi Presentation Service
- And check in the dashboard properties, that the default style value is correct
I can't see the picture but well the login form
Go back to the instance config step and add of correct the value of the xml tag. If you don't have specify one, by default the value is /analyticsRes as you can see below:
Before setting the UI parameters, OBIEE verifies that the directory exists. Be sure to have the directories created before giving a value to the Skin and Style default.
When you have a look to the source code page, you can see twice the style or the skin directory.
In the following example, we see in the path twice s_MyCompany and sk_MyCompany
<link rel="Stylesheet" href="/analyticsRes/s_MyCompany/s_MyCompany/uicomponents/blafplus.css" type="text/css"> <link rel="Stylesheet" href="/analyticsRes/sk_MyCompany/sk_MyCompany/sk_blafp/login/login.css" type="text/css">
The path is generated from the Resource Physical Path.
In this location, if you have a child directory with the same name that the root directory (then s_MyCompany and sk_MyCompany), you will get this behaviour.
- Suppress then all child directories with the same name,
- Restart Oracle BI Presentation Service.
- Clear the browser cache.