Files that are related to Essbase - Database (cube) are called :
- or objects.
Database artifacts perform actions against one or more Essbase databases, such as :
- defining Essbase - Calculations
- or reporting against data.
Types of artefacts
Essbase provides the following common types:
- A database Essbase - Outline (Database Outline) (a storage structure definition)
- Rules for loading data and building dimensions dynamically (Essbase - Rules File)
- Scripts that define how to calculate data (Essbase - Calculation Script)
- Scripts that generate reports on data (Report Script)
- Linked reporting objects (Linked reporting objects (LRO))
- Partition definitions
By default, artifacts are stored in their associated Essbase - Database (cube) folder on the Essbase - Servers, and can also be saved to a client computer or to other available network directories. You cannot, however, load data or calculate data on a client computer.