A block storage database contains two types of values:
- Values that you enter, called input data
- Values that are calculated from input data, called calculated data
- You enter regional sales figures for a variety of products. You calculate the total sales for each.
- You enter the budget and actual values for the cost of goods sold for several products in several regions. You calculate the variance between budget and actual values for each product in each region.
- The database contains regional sales figures and prices for all products. You calculate what happens to total profit if you increase the price of one product in one region by 5%.