Lifecycle Management provides a consistent way for Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management System products to :
- migrate an application,
- a repository,
- or individual artifacts across product environments and operating systems.
Generally, the Lifecycle Management interface in Oracle's Hyperion® Shared Services Console is consistent for all EPM System products that support Lifecycle Management. However, EPM System products display different artifact listings and export and import options in the Lifecycle Management interface.
Lifecycle Management features:
- Viewing applications and folders
- Searching for artifacts
- Comparing applications and folders
- Migrating directly from one application to another
- Migrating to and from the file system
- Saving and loading migration definition files
- Viewing selected artifacts
- Auditing migrations
- Viewing the status of migrations
- Importing and exporting individual artifacts for quick changes on the file system
In addition to providing the Lifecycle Management interface in Shared Services Console, there is a command-line utility called Lifecycle Management Utility that provides an alternate way to migrate artifacts from source to destination. The Lifecycle Management Utility can be used with a third-party scheduling service such as Windows Task Scheduler or Oracle Enterprise Manager.
Lastly, there is a Lifecycle Management Application Programming Interface (API) that enables users to customize and extend the Lifecycle Management functionality.