Use physical aliases in the Physical layer with consistent naming conventions to:
- order the physical tables
- easily identify the data source in the business logical model.
- to identify the tables that you use. If you want to delete them, you get this error:
To have the name of a table to which you assigned an alias appear, make sure you turn on the following option in the Tools > Options > General menu path: Display original names for alias in diagrams.
- Eliminate all physical joins that cross dimensions (inter-dimensional circular joins)
- Eliminate all circular joins (intra-dimensional circular joins)