It owns the Oracle BI Server system processes and is not exposed in any user interface.
BISystemUser is used for service-to-service authentication.
This is not an ordinary user account but rather a set of credentials used to authenticate services within the system to each other.
The credentials of this account (name and password) are stored in the Credential Store under the system.user key
The BISystemUser is an administrator.
wls:/offline> connect('BISystemUser','myPassword','t3://di-obiee-02:7001') Connecting to t3://di-obiee-02:7001 with userid BISystemUser ... Successfully connected to Admin Server 'AdminServer' that belongs to domain 'bifoundation_domain'. Warning: An insecure protocol was used to connect to the server. To ensure on-the-wire security, the SSL port or Admin port should be used instead.
System.user credential key
The credentials of this account are stored in the Credential Store under the system.user key.
BI System Role Application role
The user must belongs to the BI System Role Application role.
Weblogic Global Admin Role
The final stage of configuring the new system user is to ensure they are part of the Weblogic Global Admin role.
- Log into Weblogic Admin console
- Select Security Realms from the left-hand menu, click on the link to your security realm in the main screen (e.g. myrealm), then select Roles and Policies from the tabs along the top
- In the list of roles, click on the plus sign to expand Global Roles, then Roles, then click on the link marked View Role Conditions for the Admin Role.
- Ensure the conditions specified will match your user, either directly, or by virtue of a group they belong to (e.g. condition may be User = bisystemuser or Group=Administrators
- If you have made any changes, click the Save button. Changes should be applied immediately
BIP Jms Module
Restart the BI Server and the BI Presentation service
User: BISystemUser, failed to be authenticated
wls:/offline> connect('BISystemUser','Password','t3://myHost:7001') Connecting to t3://myHost:7001 with userid BISystemUser ... Traceback (innermost last): File "<console>", line 1, in ? File "<iostream>", line 22, in connect File "<iostream>", line 646, in raiseWLSTException WLSTException: Error occured while performing connect : User: BISystemUser, failed to be authenticated.
If you are sure of your password, the user may be locked.