MapViewer provides services and tools that hide the complexity of spatial data queries and cartographic rendering, while providing customizable options for more advanced users. MapViewer is designed to integrate with Location-Based services and applications.
Oracle Maps as a Component of BI:
- BI data on map
- Drill to details from map
- Navigate dashboards from map
- Select features on map and drill to list report
- Multiple measures on map
- Invoke functions
How a casino could integrate Oracle Maps into OBIEE interactive dashboards to:
- visualize the gaming performance of not just the entire casino, but specifically the overall performance at individual tables.
- provide a high-level view of the casino floor
- monitor the amount of money going into and out of slot machines
- to analyse marketing performance by county and ZIP Code
You see here two levels:
With the advent of 11G, MapViewer is installed as part of Oracle BI Enterprise Edition and deployed in the same domain as Oracle BI EE on the Web application server.
- you can import the layers (theme)
- define the map (zoom level)
- and perform the mapping between Oracle BI EE data and spatial data